I’m sure you’ve heard some of the many theory’s about the causes of sinus problems – everything from allergies, to environmental irritants, to a poor immune system. Though these may indeed produce symptoms, it may not be the underlying reason why you have sinus problems in the first place.
What if the reason your sinuses act up are really from a very different condition and the above things simply aggravate it further?
Conventional medicine has us believing that a trip to the Ear, Throat & Nose specialist for a surgical procedure is the solution. These surgical procedures rarely, if ever, solve the problem primarily because this problem isn’t structural, it’s about the microbial terrain on the mucous membranes and in the entire body. Which is why many also have Candida too (which they may or not be aware they have).
While it is good and I encourage you to work “with” your doctor when using alternative therapies there may be a much less invasive and less expensive way to approach the problem.
The Mayo Clinic often prescribes “anti-fungal” medications to sinus patients because they’ve found that those who suffer from sinustitis have a fungal overgrowth in their sinus cavities. [Note: fungus can get into the sinus cavity if there is mold in your home, car, or workplace]. While these medications may provide some relief they do come with side effects and do not address the underlying problem as they simply treat the symptoms.
Young Living Essential Oils are anti-fungal and do not have any side effects. High quality essential oils kill the fungus without killing the friendly bacteria and microbes in our bodies. Do not expect to get any beneficial results with cheap essential oils, read why…
Which foods feed fungus?
Wine, beer, coffee, tea, soda, chocolate, sugars (pasta, wheat, potatoes, corn), and cheese. All of these foods “feed” the yeast/fungus.
What to do
· For about two weeks eliminate the foods above
· If possible, do a colon cleanse, warm water or colonics, not fleets
· For the first week stay away from fruits and natural sugars
· Drink lots of purified water (preferably not from plastic bottles)
· Eat vegetables and protein (meat protein should ideally come from organic, grass-fed, free range animals)
· ImmuPower (a Young Living essential oil blend) – a few drops applied to the soles of the feet before going to bed
· Purification (a Young Living essential oil blend) – a couple drops in the palm, dip fingertips into the oil and apply in dabs to the forehead, temples, sinus areas, and back of the neck
· Di-Gize (a Young Living essential oil blend) – a couple drops in the palm and rub on the belly
Good Bacteria for the Intestinal Tract
Repopulation of good bacteria to the intestinal tract is important as this will help to keep the yeast in check.
· Young Living’s high-potency probiotic, Life 5
· Kefir – watch this video clip on how to make your own, it’s very easy and much higher quality than what you can get in the store!
Note: make sure eliminations are regular as there is a tendancy for constipation because as the yeast/fungus die it tends to cause constipation. For this the tea “Smooth Move” might work, or use the Young Living Cleansing Trio.
This information is for your better understanding of holistic health and is not intended to diagnose, treat or prescribe.