Have you ever used a high quality therapeutic-grade essential oil before? If not, you are in for a wonderful surprise!
Young Living Essential Oils are the best I have ever found. I’ve been using essential oils for aromatherapy purposes for 20 years. But it wasn’t until I discovered Young Living almost 9 years ago that I began using the oils in the hundreds of ways I had only read you could… meaning you must know that the supplier is 100% committed to ‘absolute’ purity because you cannot follow these 67 Ways of Using Essential Oils if the purity is even slightly off.
Let’s start with the basics that you’ll need to know…
The following information is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from a serious disease, illness or injury should consult with a health care professional.
THESE SUGGESTED USES APPLY ONLY TO THERAPEUTIC-GRADE YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.
To “dilute” with a carrier oil means to mix with Young Living’s V-6 Massage Oil or an organic vegetable or massage oil.
To use “neat” means to apply the Young Living essential oil full strength to the area of concern.
These four Young Living Essential Oils can help anyone immediately use and appreciate the benefits of Young Living’s pure, organic, unadulterated, therapeutic-grade essential oils:
LAVENDER – (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing — physically and emotionally.
1. Rub on feet for calming.
2. Rub on your pillow to help you sleep.
3. Put a drop on a bee sting or insect bite to help stop itching and reduce swelling.
4. Put 2-3 drops on a minor burn to decrease pain.
5. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding.
6. Mix several drops with V-6 Mixing Oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
7. For motion sickness, place a drop on the end of the tongue, around naval or behind the ears.
8. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold.
9. Rub a drop over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts. (Keep away from eyes!)
10. Rub a couple drops of Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
11. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips. (Do not use during sun exposure.)
12. To minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage on and around the affected area.
13. Rub 2 – 4 drops over armpit area as a deodorant.
14. Put a drop between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
15. Rub several drops of Lavender oil into scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
16. Place a few drops on a cotton ball, put in your linen closet to scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
17. Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
18. Place a few drops on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer.
19. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
20. Diffuse Lavender to alleviate symptoms of allergies.
21. Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn to decrease pain.
22. Drop lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
23. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.
LEMON – (Citrus lemon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. It may serve as an insect repellent and may be beneficial for the skin. CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hrs.
24. Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
25. For homemade lemonade, blender 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2 tablespoons of honey and two cups of pure water.
26. Use 1-2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease or crayon.
27. Rub a drop on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
28. To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water.
29. Add 2-3 drops to water and spray counter tops to sterilize them.
30. Soak your dishrag overnight in water to disinfect and kill germs.
31. Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
32. Rub a drop of Lemon on your hands after using a public bathroom.
33. Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold sores or fever blisters to lessen pain and aid healing.
34. Put a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction.
35. Rub 2 drops of Lemon oil topically for athleteʼs foot.
36. Rub a drop on a wart morning and night until it disappears.
37. Put 10-15 drops of Lemon oil in a gallon of carpet cleaning solution to pull out stains and brighten the rug.
PEPPERMINT - (Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermintʼs effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermintʼs ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy.
Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied peppermintʼs ability to directly affect the brainʼs satiety center, which triggers a sense of fullness after meals.
38. Rub 4-6 drops over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
39. Add Peppermint to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
40. Massage several drops of oil on an injury to reduce inflammation.
41. Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area to relieve pain. If there is a cut or open wound, apply the Peppermint oil around (not on) the open wound.
42. Rub 3-5 drops of peppermint oil on the bottoms of the feet to reduce fever.
43. Apply Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
44. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply Peppermint oil on location neat or dilute with V-6 Mixing Oil.
45. Inhale before & during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
46. Massage several drops on abdomen to relieve nausea. (Dilute if sensitive. Add Lavender if too strong.)
47. To relieve a headache, rub on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses (stay away from the eyes) and on the back of the neck.
48. Place two drops of Peppermint oil on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
49. Diffuse Peppermint in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint while taking a test to improve recall.
50. Place a drop of Peppermint on tongue and palms of your hands, inhale deeply into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
51. To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry for these pests.
52. Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint into a 5 gals. of paint to dispel the fumes.
53. To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
54. Drink a drop mixed in a glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
55. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
56. Place a drop of diluted Peppermint oil on the tongue or (undiluted) into a glass of water to stop bad breath.
57. Inhale the fragrance to curb appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
58. Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab. Wait for it to unhedge its head, then remove from your pet.
59. Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet.
WINTERGREEN – (Gaultheria procumbens) has been used to increase lung capacity as well as to help prevent tooth decay! It has been incorporated into many linaments and ointments to help sooth muscles, joints and nerves! The major chemical constituent Methyl Salicylate is anti-inflammatory, acts as an anti-coagulent and vasodialator, as well as pain reliever.
60. Put 1 drop on toothbrush for extra clean feeling!
61. Massage 1 drop with carrier oil (olive or other fatty oil) and massage on gums to help relieve a toothache.
62. Massage 1-2 drops “neat” over sore stressed muscles for deep relief. To intensify apply wet cold or warm wash cloth, to decrease intensity apply carrier oil!
63. For sore back or neck massage 1-2 drops Wintergreen with 1-2 drops Peppermint over the stressed area.
64. Mix 1 drop with 1⁄4 tsp.baking soda use as homemade toothpaste!
65. Make a natural vapor rub by mixing 1-2 drops Wintergreen with 1-2 drops Peppermint in 1⁄2-1 Tbs carrier oil and apply over chest and back.
66. Apply 1-2 drops over swollen joint to reduce inflammation. Intensify with wet towel over the affected joint.
67. Massage 1-2 drops in palm of hands, massage into shoulders and back of neck, then place hands over nose and inhale the aroma to help relieve a head/neck ache.