The doors and windows have been shut tight all winter leaving indoor air in need of a good spring cleaning! Here are some tips using two of Young Living Essential Oils most popular blends for air freshening: Thieves and Purification. No matter which of these blends you choose you will find a drastic difference of your indoor air, without masking those stale, stuffy, lingering odors.
The combination of therapeutic-grade essential oils in both the Purification and Thieves blends work synergistically to provide optimal benefits for not only dispelling bad smells but also in ridding indoor air of unwanted germs and bacteria. What I think is significant about using therapeutic-grade essential oils for all air freshener purposes is that a therapeutic-grade essential oil does ‘not’ contain chemicals that cause cancer and other illnesses, learn more about the hazards of commercial air fresheners.
I’m moving into a new home soon and the basement smells musty – tomorrow I am bringing over my cold-air nebulizer diffuser and I’m going to take a bottle of Thieves essential oil, remove the cap, and turn the bottle upside down in the diffuser dispenser well and run the diffuser for 24 hours to get rid of the musty mildew smell and to eliminate any mold that may be present. That is what I would do with any strong unwanted indoor odor that I wanted to ‘eliminate’ – not mask.
About Purification Essential Oil
The oil blend Purification is quite effective for cleansing away undue odors, leaving a clean, refreshing, uplifting scent. Purification eliminates unpleasant smells and helps dissipate indoor pollutants. This blend of pure essential oils is comprised of citronella, rosemary, lavandin, melaleuca, and lemongrass – all of which are powerful odor eliminators.
Ways to Use Purification Essential Oil to Freshen Indoor Air
• Moisten a cotton ball with a few drops of Purification and place them around the house (out of reach of children and pets) in air vents, and near humidifiers. Also, put one of the cotton balls in the air vent of your car too – they can get smelly and stale too!
• Add a few drops of Purification to a spray bottle of distilled water – this is an ideal alternative to chemical-based air fresheners. Use this all-natural and pure air freshener to lightly spray carpets, upholstery, or spray directly into the air.
• In a Young Living Diffuser. Simply fill the diffuser with Purification oil, turn the diffuser on and enjoy! Note: please do not use a heat diffuser as the heat fractures the beneficial molecules rendering the positive effects worthless. Learn more about how to diffuse properly.
About Thieves Essential Oil
The Thieves essential oil blend is another all-time favorite for air freshening around the home. Thieves essential oil is a mixture of rosemary, clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, and Eucalyptus essential oils. This pleasant aroma is another wonderful choice for reducing unwanted odors, and Thieves has been University tested for its ability to kill airborne bacteria, and mold.
• Clove Bud Essential Oil: is one of the most effective germ-killing essential oils, and is a key ingredient in Thieves
• Lemon Essential Oil: has antiseptic properties, and immune boosting compounds
• Cinnamon Bark Essential Oils: highly antiseptic, cinnamon adds a warm,spicy aroma to Thieves
• Eucalyptus radiata Essential Oil: this anti-infectous oil holds many germ-fighting properties, this particular species of Eucalyptus works well with the other oils in Thieves to help detoxify indoor air
• Rosemary Essential Oil: highly antibacterial, rosemary fortifies Thieves with its delightful aroma and odor causing bacteria.
Ways to Use Thieves Essential Oil to Freshen Indoor Air
• In your Young Living Diffuser. Diffuse for 15-30 minutes every 3-4 hours. Learn more about diffusers and how to diffuse for the greatest benefit.
• Put 4-8 drops on a cotton ball and place on air vents. Stick a cotton ball in your car vent too!
• Add 20 drops of Thieves to a 32 oz. spray bottle filled with distilled water – this is an ideal alternative to chemical-based air fresheners. Use this all-natural and pure air freshener to lightly spray carpets, upholstery, or spray directly into the air.