These luxurious Aromatherapy Massage Sticks are easy to make for gifts or yourself for your home spa! They are perfect for Valentine’s Day and special romantic moments too!
The use of Young Living Essential Oils in this recipe provides more than just a wonderful scent; there is the benefit of aroma-therapy plus the benefits of the therapeutic essential oil as well.
To use the massage stick, simply slide the stick over the lucky recipient’s skin, and experience the smooth glide, scent and benefit’s on the skin.
Aromatherapy Massage Sticks Recipe
You will Need:
- 1 TBSP Beeswax
- 4 oz. Cocoa Butter
- 2 TBSP Jojoba Oil
- 100-150 drops Essential Oil
- Containers for the Massage Sticks
See “Good Choices” below for essential oil ideas and a link to my website to buy them. And see “Resources” below for containers and other ingredients.
Instructions for Making Massage Sticks:
- Weigh out 4 ounces of cocoa butter and 0.2 ounces of beeswax, and place them in a heat-proof measuring cup (such as Pyrex). Add 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil.
- Place the measuring cup in an electric frying pan (or a large frying pan) that is filled with 1″–2″ of hot water. Turn the electric frying pan on low (about 200°) (or, alternately, place the large frying pan and measuring cup on the stove, and turn the burner on low).
- Stir the mixture in the measuring cup with a Popsicle stick or a bamboo skewer until wax and cocoa butter are completely melted (about 15–20 minutes: the smaller the cocoa butter and wax pieces are the quicker they will melt).
- Turn off the frying pan (or stove); carefully remove the measuring cup from the water, and place it on a towel. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Stir in 100–150 drops of your desired essential oil, refer to the list of essential oils below for some good ideas.
- Carefully pour the mixture into lip balm dispensers (or small deodorant dispensers).
- Place the filled containers in the freezer to cool and harden.
- Decorate the container with stickers, ribbon, or other holiday wrap to make them look festive. Be sure to put a tag or sticker on each container stating the essential oil and that it is a massage stick so the recipient knows what it is and how to use your gift.
To use the massage stick, simply rub the stick directly onto the skin, then massage in.
Store in a cool location.
This recipe will fill 20–25 lip balm containers (these are the perfect size to create one-time-use massage sticks).
Nice Essential Oil Choices
- Relaxing massage try: Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Chamomile, Geranium, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Copaiba, Relaxation, Gentle Baby, Peace & Calming or Gratitude.
- Invigorating massage try: Wintergreen, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, PanAway, En-R-Gee or Awaken.
- Romantic massage try: Yang Yang, Jasmine, Sensation, or Live with Passion.
- Uplifting and Inspiring massage try: Awaken, Envision, Harmony, Inspiration, Joy, Live with Passion, Magnify Your Purpose, Sacred Mountain or White Angelica.