You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Young Living Distributor’ category.
Citrus Fresh™ is a relaxing, calming blend of citrus essential oils loved by children and adults alike. Rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene, it supports the immune system and overall health* while bringing about a sense of well-being, creativity, and feelings of joy. It also makes a terrific air purifier when diffused.
About the Single Oils in Citrus Fresh
Lemon has been shown to have antidepressant effects in studies. It promotes clarity of thought and purpose, improved health, physical energy, and purification. Its fragrance is invigorating, enhancing, and warming.
Orange is a wonderful “happy oil.” It is uplifting to the spirits and may act as an antidepressant.
Grapefruit is emotionally uplifting and refreshing and may help with feelings of depression. It is also used to regulate appetite.
Spearmint is known for increasing metabolism, as an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, mucolytic, gall bladder stimulant, digestive aid. Well-known uses for Spearmint oil are: Obesity, intestinal/digestive disorders, hepatitis.
Citrus essential oils make terrific air fresheners around the home, kitchens, in offices, schools and public places and very few people object to the scent; whereas synthetic air fresheners mask may mask undesirable odors and often cause people to not feel well and complain about the odor.
Citrus oils are described by aromatherapists as being uplifting, gently stimulating, and conducive to alertness and concentration, while the essential oils of Lavender, Clary Sage, and Roman Chamomile are described as relaxing and soothing. Read 8 Essential Oils to Create Vision, Creativity and Inner Guidance. With this knowledge, you might choose to diffuse Citrus Fresh in your home or work space for 15 minutes 3 times a day to support your efforts on an important project.
Ways to Use Citrus Fresh
As a food/beverage flavoring: dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of milk, water or tea. Or, put a drop or two in a smoothie. Or, add a drop to a muffin, cake, or cookie mix for a delightful citrus flavor. Remember, all Young Living essential oils are very potent (they are not diluted, and so one drop carries a powerful flavor).
As a supplement: d-limonene is an extremely powerful antioxidant and I believe a great disease and cancer preventative. Many studies are now showing this to be true, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=d-limonene+cancer To use daily as a supplement you would either put a drop or two in a glass of water -or- you can put a couple drops in a “00″ capsule with a tiny bit of olive oil.
Topical: the citrus oils are also known for lightening age spots – but do be mindful that citrus oils can make the skin photosensitive so you would use a tiny drop on a dark patch late in the day (after the sun goes down, for instance) so that my morning the photosensitivity would have diminished by morning. In other words, do not apply a citrus oil topically and then go out boating or sun bathing (tanning booths included, it’s all UV light). Apply this small drop with a bit of V-6 Massage Oil to dilute.
Diffuse: Citrus Fresh can be diffused to impart a lively, fresh, clean and uplifting scent in the home or workplace. The aromatherapy benefits can be enjoyed by all. Diffuse for 15-30 minutes 3-1-3 times a day. More on Diffusers and Diffusing.
Citrus Fresh Window and Glass Cleaner Recipe
- 1 quart spray bottle
- White Vinegar
- 10-15 drops of Citrus Fresh Essential Oil
Fill bottle half way with vinegar. Fill balance of bottle with water and essential oil. Shake and use.
Citrus Ginger Splash Recipe from Chef Mandy
- 3 medium Valencia oranges, halved
- 1 medium grapefruit, halved
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 large lime, halved
- 12 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil blend
- 6 drops Ginger essential oil
Use a citrus juicer to juice the fruit. Strain the juice for a ! smoother consistency, if desired. Add essential oil. Stir to mix. Serve chilled. Makes 1 pint.
All citrus oils can be photosensitizing, thus citrus oils should not be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within twelve hours.
Dilution recommended for both topical and internal use. Dilute with v-6 Massage Oil before using on sensitive areas such as the face, neck, genital area, etc. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid using on infants and very small children.
For daily use, some find their Young Living Essential Oils to be more effective they ‘rotate’ through different oils on different days. First, when selecting essential oils for an injury, think through the cause and type of injury and select appropriate oils for each segment.
For instance, a broken bone could include muscle damage, nerve damage, ligament strain or tear, inflammation, infection, and bone injury. The emotion of shock, anger, guilt or suffering from long-time pain is another dimension of the injury that needs to be dealt with through understanding and help on an emotional level.
Addressing the Emotional Trauma of an Injury
To help with the emotional trauma of an injury consider Trauma Life or SARA essential oil blends. Either of these could be applied topically on the wrists, heart Chakra area, or neck. As well as inhaled by placing a drop in the palm, rubbing palms together and then cupping palms over the nose and inhaling.
Connective Tissue Damage (Cartilage, Ligaments, Tendons)
PanAway essential oil blend can help reduce pain and Lemongrass essential oil promotes repair of connective tissue. When Lemongrass is combined with Lavender and Marjoram the combination can work well for inflamed tendons.
Next day, try Deep Relief Roll-On essential oil blend (for helping with pain and anti-inflammatory), and Lavender, and Copaiba (a powerful anti-inflammatory).
The next day, try Copaiba, and PanAway, and Marjoram.
And taking the essential oil supplements MegaCal, BLM, Super C and Multigreens assist further by providing critical nutrients needed for tissue repair.
Lemongrass (5 drops) and Aroma Seiz (15 drops) applied with Regenolone Moisturizing Cream (to act as a carrier oil) can help with sprains, 3-6 times a day with ice packs.
The next day, try Lavender and Aroma Seiz applied with Ortho Sport Massage Oil or V-6 Massage Oil (as a carrier oil) can help with sprains, 3-6 times a day with ice packs.
The next day, try Copaiba and Lemongrass applied with Ortho Sport Massage Oil (to act as a carrier oil) can help with sprains, 3-6 times a day with ice packs.
And taking the essential oil supplements MegaCal and BLM assist further by providing critical nutrients needed for tissue repair.
Tendonitis (with pain)
On the first day, try Rosemary (10 drops) and Eucalyptus radiata (10 drops) and Peppermint (10 drops) and Palo Santo (5 drops) diluted with Ortho Sport Massage Oil with a cold compress 3-6 times a day.
On the second day, try Deep Relief Roll-On and Valerian (4 drops) and Copaiba (6 drops) and Lemongrass (4 drops) with Ortho Sport Massage Oil with a cold compress 3-6 times a day.
The next day, try Palo Santo, Copaiba, and Valerian with Ortho Sport Massage Oil with a cold compress 3-6 times a day.
Again, taking the essential oil supplements MegaCal, BLM, Super C and Multigreens assist further by providing critical nutrients needed for tissue repair.
1. Essential Oils Desk Reference 5th edition
Disclaimer: The information on this site is for educational purposes only and for a better understanding of complimentary care. This information is not intended for diagnosing, treating or prescribing. Please use common sense and see your health care practitioner when necessary.
This Peppermint Chocolate Candy recipe is easy and perfect for the holiday gifts, Valentine’s Day, or a treat for yourself and friends. Do keep in mind that not all essential oils are edible, only those of superior quality can be ingested and used in cooking, such as Young Living Essential Oils.
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma. One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion, it may also restore digestive efficiency.* Jean Valnet MD studied peppermint’s supportive effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint’s role in improving taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental sharpness. Alan Hirsch MD studied peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sensation of fullness after meals.
One of my favorite ways to use the Young Living Peppermint essential oil is to put one drop in a glass of water. This is especially beneficial when I’m taking a class or driving and I’m beginning to feel sluggish and sleepy; the Young Living Peppermint oil is delicious and perks me right up!
More essential oil cooking recipes at my group blog the Young Living Circle.
- 1 – 12 oz. bag Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1-2 drops Young Living Peppermint essential oil (item #3614)
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder (use “unsweetened” unless you happen to like really sweet)
- Melt coconut oil in double broiler, add chips, cocoa powder and peppermint, stir until thoroughly melted.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon melted chocolate mixture onto wax paper or parchment in bite size dollops.
- After chocolate has firmed put into container, you may want to store the chocolates in the fridge if room temp is too warm.
Our feet take a beating, at the same time we want them to feel and look their best. This foot bath recipe will help get your feet on their way to healing, looking great and feeling cared for…
Pretty Feet Melrose Foot Bath
You will need:
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup full fat Milk
- 3 drops Young Living Melrose Essential Oil blend
Mix all ingredients together and add the mixture to your foot bath water. Soak feet for 10-15 minutes, rinse well, and pat dry.
6 Additional Ways to Use Melrose Essential Oil Blend
- Melrose essential oil blend is excellent for foot and nail fungus. If you’ve not had success with Tea Tree (Melaleuca) you will be quite pleased with the results of Melrose.
- Apply a drop or two to broken skin or cuts to help disinfect, cleanse and heal skin.
- Apply a drop or two to a burn. For added benefit, spray skin with LavaDerm Cooling Mist spray to promote faster skin healing.
- Use a drop or two on skin rashes.
- Diffuse to help eliminate bad odors and remove germs from the air! Diffuse 15 minutes in a cold-air diffuser, such as the TheraPro Diffuser, 2-4 times a day.
- Skin Healing Bath: in a small dish put 1 cup of Epsom Salt or Sea Salt, add 3-6 drops of Melrose, stir well, pour under running bath water, soak for 20 minutes.
Melrose contains these theapeutic-grade essential oils: Melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia), naouli (Melaleuca quinquenervia), rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), and clove (Syzygium aromaticum). The combination of essential oils in this blend are well-known for assisting in the healing of foot and nail fungus’, perhaps it is the synergistic effect of this blend of oils which explains why foot and nail fungus is cleared up quite quickly and why it is found to be more effective than Tea Tree alone.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy.
How to Make and Use Lavender Carpet Freshener
Mix one cup of baking soda with 4-7 drops of Lavender essential oil in a glass jar that is meant to hold red pepper flakes for pizza’s. Stir well so that the essential oil is evenly mixed throughout.
Sprinkle the baking soda mixture around the carpet and let it sit for a few minutes and then vacuum.
Your carpet and room will smell great and you may get the added benefit of feeling calmer and balanced.
For really bad odors, try using Purification essential oil blend in place of Lavender.
This 100% natural carpet freshener will mean that you never have to worry about exposing yourself, children or pets to harmful chemicals. It’s much cheaper than store bought products too!
12 Additional Ways to Use Young Living Lavender Oil
- Soothe minor burns by applying 2–3 drops of lavender essential oil to the affected area.
- Rub lavender essential oil on dry or chapped skin to moisturize the affected area. For added benefits apply with a little Rose Ointment!
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil to a cotton ball and place it in closets and drawers to scent linens and to help repel moths and insects.
- You may be able to minimize the appearance of scar tissue by massaging a couple drops of lavender essential oil on or around affected areas. For an added boost in repairing cells, try adding a couple drops of Helichrysum essential oil with the lavender!
- Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet washcloth to use as a dryer sheet to deodorize and freshen your laundry – an easy terrific way to get another chemical laden product out of your home!
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to minimize seasonal emotional discomforts.
- Rub a a drop or two of lavender essential oil onto your hand and spread over your child’s pillow to help him/her sleep.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to set the mood for a baby shower or social gathering.
- Diffuse or inhale lavender essential oil to calm your mind, body, and spirit after a hard day’s work or during meditation or prayer.
- Mix 3-5 drops of lavender with 2 TBSP V-6 Massage Oil for a full body massage.
- For a relaxing bath: in a small dish, take 1 cup of Epsom Salts or Sea Salt and stir in 3-5 drops lavender oil, pour mixture under running bath water, soak for 20 minutes.
- Make lavender ice cubes to flavor your iced tea or lemonade: stick a toothpick into the dripper cap of your bottle of lavender oil, then swirl the toothpick into the water of your ice cube tray, freeze, put a few ice cubes into your beverage!*
* Caution: NEVER substitute another brand of essential oil (not even “pure” or “organic”) for ingesting! Approximately 98% of all essential oils in the world cannot be used internally due to poor distillation and the addition of toxic chemicals. These tips and recipes are only intended for the use of Young Living Essential Oils.
This foot bath is very grounding and natural. The inclusion of rocks adds a wonderful texture and sensation to the feet. Here’s how to make your river rock foot bath..
Place a layer of small river rocks or other smooth, rounded stones in the bottom of a large bowl or basin. Cover the stones with warm water and a drop or two of your favorite relaxing Young Living essential oil to 1/2 cup Epsom Salt or Sea Salt, stir this mixture into foot bath water.
Place the basin on a towel in front of a comfortable chair. Sit in the chair, place your feet in the basin, and enjoy the feeling of the smooth stones as you rub your feet back and forth through the stones.
To enhance the relaxation, turn on soothing music, watch a favorite movie you haven’t seen for a while, or read an enjoyable book… or set up another foot bath and chair for a friend and sit and enjoy each others company.
12 Nice Young Living Essential Oil Blends for an Aromatic Foot Bath:
- Grounding™ is a relaxing and balancing blend of essential oils that provides a stabilizing influence. Emotional chaos can lead to poor decisions. Grounding helps you cope with reality in a positive manner.
- Sacred Mountain™ promotes feelings of strength, empowerment, grounding, and protection that are a result of being close to nature. This blend of conifer essential oils, including spruce, fir, and cedarwood, evokes the feelings of sanctity found in the mountains.
- Release™ combines uplifting, calming oils that stimulate a sense of peace and emotional well-being, which in turn facilitate the ability to release anger and frustration. Repressed negative emotions lie at the root of many health concerns. Release promotes harmony and balance in the mind and body.
- Gratitude™ is a soothing blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils designed to elevate the spirit, calm emotions, and bring relief to the body while helping to foster a grateful attitude.
- Valor® is an empowering combination of therapeutic-grade essential oils that works with both the physical and spiritual aspects of the body to increase feelings of strength, courage, and self-esteem in the face of adversity. Renowned for its strengthening qualities, Valor enhances an individual’s internal resources. It has also been found to help energy alignment in the body.
- Awaken™ is an inspiring combination of several essential oil blends that helps bring about inner awareness and awakening. True understanding of one’s self is the first step toward making successful changes and desirable transitions. This blend may help you progress toward your highest potential.
- Egyptian Gold™ includes the biblical essential oils rose, cinnamon, balsam fir, and lavender, renowned for spiritual sensitivities. This transcendent blend gently enhances moments of devotion and reverence.
- Joy™ is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as cologne or perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
- Live with Passion™ revives the zest for life and improves internal energy with a combination of essential oils formulated specifically to help people recover an optimistic attitude.
- Magnify Your Purpose™ is a specially crafted blend of essential oils that stimulates creativity, desire, focus, and motivation. It helps foster a positive attitude, encouraging you to rise above adversity, seize the initiative, overcome procrastination and self-pity, and magnify your life’s purpose.
- Sensation™ is a wonderfully fragrant, powerfully romantic blend that is extremely uplifting and refreshing. It was formulated to enhance the enjoyment of special [intimate] moments.
- White Angelica™ is a calming and soothing blend that encourages feelings of protection and security. It combines oils used during ancient times to enhance the body’s aura, which brings about a sense of strength and endurance. Many people use it as protection against negative energy. White Angelica works great applied to shoulders.
Thieves essential oil is a blend of highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-infectious essential oils. Thieves was created from research of a group of 15th-century thieves, the ’4 thieves’, who rubbed oils on themselves to avoid contracting the deadly plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. When apprehended, these thieves disclosed the formula of herbs, spices, and oils they used to protect themselves in exchange for more lenient punishment. It is the story of these 4 thieves which brought forth the popular essential oil blend called Thieves.
Studies conducted at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) during 1997 demonstrated its killing power against airborne microorganisms.
- One analysis showed a 90 percent reduction in the number of gram positive Micrococcus luteus organisms after diffusing for 12 minutes. After 20 minutes of diffusing, the kill rate jumped to 99.3 percent.
- Another study against the gram negative Pseudomonas aeruginosa showed a kill rate of 99.96 percent after just 12 minutes of diffusion.
By combining Thieves essential oil with a few basic household items such as; vinegar, baking soda, olive oil, V-6 Massage Oil, or water – you can easily create various different cleaning products and simple first aid remedies.
Protect yourself naturally with Thieves essential oil. The scent of this blend of essential oils is really nice; somewhat spicy, while fresh and clean smelling. And the best part… it is perfect for those who prefer to have an all-natural home!
Not only is Thieves and essential oil but it is an entire line of products! Learn more about the Thieves products and about how to save 24 percent off retail by purchasing the Start Living with Thieves kit.
50 Ways to Use Thieves Essential Oil
- First Aid; apply 1-2 drops Thieves essential oil to cuts or open wounds to prevent infection and promote healing. More on making a natural First Aid kit.
- Mix one drop with a tablespoon of water, gargle and swallow for a sore throat.
- Apply 2 drops Thieves essential oil diluted with 1 TBSP V-6 Massage Oil to upper chest and throat for bronchitis.
- Put a drop on your thumb and push thumb on the roof of your mouth for a few minutes to stop a headache.
- Put 5-8 drops in a capsule with a little olive oil and swallow at first sign of a cold.
- Freshen smelly shoes or sneakers; put several drops Thieves essential oil on a cotton ball, place cotton ball in shoes over night to kill odors.
- Put a couple drops of Thieves essential oil directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from colds and flu throughout the day. See more of my immune system tips.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil in your home to keep airborne germ count down. More on diffusers and diffusing.
- Breathe in the vapors directly from the bottle when you have lung congestion.
- Use 4-6 drops diluted with 1 cup water in a spray bottle to clean pet cages, creating a healthier environment for them.
- Add a few drops to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
- Add a several drops to your laundry cycle to sanitize clothes.
- Clean and disinfect floors; to a bucket of water add 1/4 cup white vinegar and 8-12 drops Thieves essential oil. If the floor is particularly dirty add several drops of dishwashing soap.
- Mix 4 drops in a 4oz. spray bottle filled with water as a spray and repel insect pests on your flowers and plants.
- Use a few drops on a tissue to dissolve the gummy adhesive on price labels.
- Apply 1 drop to bee and wasp stings to neutralize the toxin and relieve the pain.
- Rub a couple drops Thieves essential oil on gums to prevent and treat gum disease.
- Rub 1-2 drops on teeth to maintain healthy teeth and reduce cavities.
- Apply a drop or two to gums or tooth for pain relief from toothaches.
- Diffuse to solve mold problems.
- Add a drop or two to orange juice and drink to reduce phlegm and congestion.
- Apply 4 drops mixed with 1 TBSP V-6 Massage Oil to joints for pain relief and to hasten healing.
- Put a drop in your cup of tea for flavor and to maintain health.
- Put a drop on the tip of your tongue to help you stop smoking.
- Put a drop with a little V-6 on cold sores and cancer sores to help them disappear.
- Dryer sheet; on a damp washcloth place 4-6 drops Thieves essential oil, toss in dryer with laundry, dry.
- Rub 2-4 drops mixed with 1 TBSP V-6 on sore joints to relieve arthritis pain.
- Drink a few drops in water or juice every three hours to stop a cold.
- Place a drop on the tongue and a drop in a glass of water every day for herpes.
- Rub 2 drops on the bottoms of children’s feet for protection before school every day.
- Diffuse for 30 minutes before children come home from school every day to promote wellness.
- Mix 50:50 with V-6 Massage Oil and rub on location daily for relief of shingles, see more details and another protocol for shingles.
- Apply a drop on the wound of a cat or dog to clear it up.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil in the home or office to stimulate a cheerful mood.
- Diffuse in Thieves essential oil the office to increase concentration and work efficiency.
- Diffuse at work to ward off cold and flu germs.
- Diffuse Thieves essential oil in the classroom every morning for 30 minutes to reduce student sickness and absenteeism.
- Carpet freshener and disinfectant; put 16-20 drops Thieves essential oil in 1 cup Baking Soda, in a container and mix well, allow to sit over night covered so the essential oil can be absorbed. Sprinkle on carpet, let sit for a little while, then vacuum.
- Mix 1-2 drops with honey in a teaspoon for cough relief.
- Breathe directly from the bottle for sinus headaches.
- Mix 15-20 drops in a 14oz. spray bottle and mist school or office desks and other surfaces to reduce student or employee sickness and absenteeism.
- Put several drops on a tissue and place in the vent of the A/C of a hotel to freshen and purify stale air.
- Scented vacuum bag; put 2-4 drops Thieves essential oil on your paper vacuum bag to freshen air while vacuuming.
- Mix 4-8 drops in a 1oz. (pocket-size) spray bottle filled with water to spray public restroom surfaces before use to disinfect surfaces.
- Carry a bottle on every flight to inhale or rub on soles of the feet to protect you from germs on the plane.
- Put several drops Thieves essential oil on a tissue and put in the heat/AC vents of your car to freshen and purify air while you drive.
- Sanitize kitchen countertops; put 12-18 drops in a 14oz. spray bottle filled with water and spray surfaces to clean and disinfect countertops and butcher blocks.
- Mix several drops with 1 cup of baking soda to scrub and sanitize bathtubs and sinks.
- Apply 4-6 drops mixed with V-6 Massage Oil to the toes and feet to combat foot fungus.
- Apply 2-4 drops Thieves essential oil mixed with 1 TBSP V-6 Massage Oil to poison ivy rashes to relieve the itch.
Joy™ is a luxuriously exotic blend with uplifting overtones that creates magnetic energy and brings joy to the heart. When worn as a perfume, Joy exudes an alluring and irresistible fragrance that inspires romance and togetherness. When diffused, it can be refreshing and uplifting.
Joy contains the therapeutic essential oils of: Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)*, ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), lemon (Citrus limon)*, mandarin (Citrus reticulata)*, jasmine (Jasminum officinale), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii), and rose (Rosa damascena).
3 Ways to Use Joy Essential Oil Blend
- Aromatherapy: Diffuse, or directly inhale from the bottle.
- Topically: As a cologne or perfume; apply a drop and dab over heart, neck wrists.
- Full Body Massage: 4 drops with 1 teaspoon V-6™ Massage Oil.
* Possible photosensitivity due to the citrus oils and bergamot in this blend – avoid using on skin exposed to direct sunlight or UV rays.
If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Dilution not required; suitable for all but the most sensitive skin. Generally safe for children over 2 years of age.
Other articles on essential oils:
Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) has a sweet, soft, flowery fragrance that has made it a romantic favorite. Flowers are picked early in the morning to maximize oil yield and are steam distilled. The highest quality Ylang Ylang oil is drawn from the first distillation and is known as ylang ylang complete. The last distillation, known as the tail, is of inferior quality and is called “cananga.”
Ylang Ylang means “flower of flowers.” The flowers have been used to cover the beds of newlywed couples on their wedding night. Traditionally used in hair formulas to promote thick, shiny, lustrous hair.
Ylang Ylang essential oil is balancing to male-female energies, enhances spiritual attunement, helps combat anger and low self-esteem, helps increase focus of thoughts and filters out negative energy, anxiety, anti-parasitic, anti-spasmodic, and anti-inflammatory.
Ylang ylang is extremely effective in calming and bringing about a sense of relaxation, and it may help with releasing feelings of anger, tension, and nervous irritability. Ylang Ylang also has a long history in skin and hair care products, particularly in Asia, where it is used to promote thick, shiny, luxuriant hair. Buy Ylang Ylang here.
How to Use Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
For aromatherapy, dietary, or topical use.
Supplement: Dilute 1 drop Ylang Ylang in 4 fl. oz. of liquid such as goat or rice milk.
Topical: Mix 2-4 drops Ylang Ylang with 2 TBSP V-6 Massage Oil for a full body massage.*
Diffuse: Diffuse Ylang Ylang according to your diffusers instructions. Diffuse for 15 minutes a day up to 3 times a day.*
Aromatic Bath: In a bowl, mix 1 cup Epsom Salts or Sea Salt with 4 drops of Ylang Ylang, stir well, pour under running tap water, soak for 20 minutes.*
Perfume: Put one drop on pulse points, wrists, or neck.
*Caution: Use sparingly if you have Low Blood Pressure.
I haven’t done much with this blog since July of 2010 and I can see it’s still going strong without any attention on my part. What have I been doing instead during the past couple years? Working on a new blog! A new team blog, well really it’s a couple of years old now so it’s not so new, it’s at http://younglivingcircleblog.com or check out my most current posts there; we write about our experiences with essential oils, health, wellness, and of course share our favorite aromatherapy tips and recipes!
Clearly I still have my Young Living Essential Oil business and have never had any intention of giving it up, just so those of you who have been visiting The Very Essence Blog don’t think I’ve dropped off the face of the earth or something :)
Awaken and Renew Your Drive with Envision Essential Oil
Envision™ essential oil blend stimulates creativity and resourcefulness, encouraging renewed faith in the future and the ability to maintain the emotional fortitude necessary to achieve goals and dreams. Sometimes in life, for a variety of reasons, people suppress their internal drive. Envision helps awaken and renew that drive to overcome fear and begin experiencing new, more rewarding dimensions.
Envision™ contains therapeutic-grade essential oils of: Spruce (Picea mariana), Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), Orange (Citrus aurantium), Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Sage (Salvia officinalis), and Rose (Rosa damascena).
How to Use Envision™
- Aromatic: Diffuse, follow instructions on your Young Living diffuser for amounts.
- Topical: Apply two drops on wrists, temples, or pressure points.
- Bath: Add 4 drops to 1 cup Epsom Salts or Sea Salt in a small dish and mix thoroughly. Add mixture to running bath water. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Bath and Shower: Put several drops of Envision™ into a bottle of Young Living Bath & Shower Gel Base. Shake well to incorporate essential oil.
- Massage: Dilute 4 drops Envision™ with 1 TBSP V-6™ Massage Oil for an uplifting full body massage.
Note: Possible skin sensitivity. If pregnant or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Dilution not required; suitable for all but the most sensitive skin. Generally safe for children over 2 years of age.
I hope you’ll continue using this blog and that you’ll meander on over from time to time to the Young Living Circle Blog to see what’s happening there too.
As you grow older and desire to live younger longer, you may begin to wonder what it is that makes many people suffer from ailments due to aging, while others enjoy their longevity. An American scientist did some wondering of his own and managed to figure out the science behind the process of aging. Dr. Denham Harman read a 1945 Russian study that purported to show that cells are immortal. Thinking it was nonsense, he asked himself, “What kills us?” He began to look for the single cause responsible for aging. Why just a single cause? “I knew that when Mother Nature finds something that works, she uses it over and over,” Harman said.
As a result, Dr. Harman began to study free radicals, atoms or molecules that contain one or more unpaired electrons. These unpaired or “free” electrons are compelled to steal an electron from the nearest cell. This act, much like a smash-and-grab robbery at a jewelry store, causes damage to the cell.
Dr. Harman suddenly understood that free radical reactions cause the deterioration of cells and accelerate aging with all its attendant ills. Can stopping free-radical damage make one immortal? Unfortunately not. But the body can remain healthy far longer if these electron-grabbing atoms are contained or neutralized.
Which Young Living Products are High in Antioxidants?
Antioxidants are the key to containing and neutralizing these free radicals. Eating foods high in antioxidants will get you far.
This is the highest antioxidant liquid dietary supplement from whole food sources. Rich in ellagic acid, polyphenols, flavonoids, vitamins, and minerals. It is unlike any other red antioxidant energy drink on the market, far superior in quality and nutrition. NingXia Red fact sheet (PDF)
Drinking NingXia Red® will really help put you on the right track to longevity.
Some Essential Oils Contain Antioxidants too!
Some essential oils are extremely high in antioxidants too. This is one of the reasons why I like that Young Living Essential Oils are pure enough to be used as dietary supplements. It’s like my supplements have an added kick.
Inner Defense Softgels
Containing antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral essential oils, Inner Defense is designed to eliminate the maximum spectrum of pathogenic organisms, reduce the risk of infectious disease, and act as an antioxidant. A specially formulated blend of high-powered aldehydes and phenolics, Inner Defense essential oil formula is encapsulated in an uncoated fast-release vegetarian soft gel to provide immediate and maximum effects. For best results, use Life 5(tm) probiotic 8 hours after use.
These softgels provide a clinically proven dose of Omega-3 (EPA + DHA) fatty acids blended with a proprietary Omega Enhance essential oil blend, to synergize and protect the Omega 3 ingredients. Research shows nutrients in Omega Blue are important to support heart, eye, brain, and joint health. The fish oil used in Omega Blue is harvested from small fish grown wild in pristine waters and then gently refined to insure it is completely free of heavy metals, PCBs and dioxins, yet still maintains natural Omega-3 ratios. Omega Blue softgels are enteric coated so they release their contents in the intestines without being compromised by stomach acid. This yields up to three times the absorption rate of Omega 3s and eliminates the risk of ‘fishy’ aftertaste.
Which essential oils in Omega Blue provide antioxidants?
Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) — a powerful antioxidant, this oil protects the stability of the Omega 3 fatty acids and prevents unhealthy inflammation.
Clove bud (Syzygium aromaticum) — has the highest antioxidant levels of any essential oil and enhances Omega 3 nutritive support.
A potent, proprietary blend of fat-soluble antioxidants, Longevity softgels are as essential as a multivitamin and should be taken daily to prevent the damaging effects of our modern lifestyle. One of the most powerful antioxidant supplements available, with an ORAC score of 150,000, this formula provides 700 times the antioxidant power of carrots. Longevity contains essential oils of: Thyme, Orange, Clove Bud, and Frankincense.
Super B is a comprehensive source of the B vitamins essential for good health, including, thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), vitamin B12, biotin, folic acid, and PABA. It also includes minerals that aid the assimilation and metabolism of B vitamins.
B vitamins are particularly important during times of stress when reserves are depleted. Although research has shown that megadoses of B vitamins are not healthy, it has been known that the diets of many Americans do not provide the recommended amount of B vitamins essential for normal functions of immune response.
When many B vitamins are combined at once in the stomach, it can cause a fermentation resulting in stomach upset. To avoid this, Super B uses a synergistic suspension isolation process to isolate the various vitamins so they are released at different times.
One of the ingredients in Super B responsible for its antioxidant powers is Selenium, which has been extensively researched for its anticancer and antioxidant properties.
Super C Chewable
According to Dr. Victor Herbert, professor of medicine at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, synthetic vitamin C as a supplement “is not an antioxidant. It’s a redox agent–an antioxidant in some circumstances and a prooxidant in others.”
In other words, synthetic ascorbic acid can actually be a free-radical in some cases. Only natural vitamin C that occurs naturally in foods has no oxidizing effects.
Scientists are also discovering that Vitamin C needs be combined with citrus bioflavonoids to fully unlock its therapeutic antioxidant effects. Bioflavonoids are known to have a vitamin P-type action that improves microcirculatory and blood vessel integrity.
Super C Chewable is so delicious. The flavor and texture reminds me of those Smartie candies I enjoyed as a kid.
Ultra Young + is a revolutionary spray supplement that supports healthy pituitary and growth hormone secretion. It contains Vicia Faba, which contains Ldopa. In 1976 a National Insitute of Aging study found that administration of L-dopa to patients over 60 years of age resulted in an increase in growth hormone levels. A study conducted by Dr. George Cotzias showed that mice, fed small doses of L-dopa, lived twice as long as the control group not receiving L-dopa. The ingredients in Ultra Young + that provide antioxidants are the NingXia Wolfberry (Lycium barbarum), and Selenium – both well studied and known for their antioxidant properties.
1. Interview by Franklin Cameron, September 1998, Healthwell.
Have you ever taken the time to notice the typical toothpaste warning printed on the label/box:
“Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional help or contact a poison control center immediately.”
Typical mouthwash caution printed on the label:
“In case of accidental ingestion, seek professional assistance or contact a poison control center immediately. Do not use in children under six years of age. Supervise children over six.”
These warnings ARE on every brand of toothpaste and mouthwash I have seen!
When a warning is on a product it does mean it is and can be fatal.
In the case of oral care products, the most toxic ingredients are:
Alcohol, SD Alcohol
Artificial food dyes & colors
- D&C Yellow #10
- FD&C Green #3
- FD&C Blue #1
- FD&C Yellow #5
- Poloxmer 403
- Sodium Hydroxide (Lye)
- Synthetic Glycerine
- Benzoic Acid
- Polysorbate 80
Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS)
Triclosan (read more about Triclosan)
One tube of ordinary toothpaste can literally kill two children if ingested. One tube can kill an adult if ingested. This is serious stuff!
The ingredients highlighted in “red” are the ingredients that would be responsible for fatalities. The other ingredients would be a slower accumulation of poisons becoming lodged in tissues, organs and fat cells.
Visit the EWG (Environmental Working Group) website, type in any of the above ingredients or ingredients in your personal care products that you have at home right now to find out just how toxic the products are – this is a very useful database for those who care about products they buy and use!
Researchers in the US found that the chlorine added to water in Britain reacted with triclosan to produce chloroform-gas. They found that it was possible for the chloroform produced when soap containing the chemical mixes with chlorinated water to be absorbed through the skin or inhaled. This means it’s a very good idea to read the labels on soaps you buy too, this stuff is not only in dental care products, it’s all over the place. Read more…
Fluoride’s Neurological Effects: studies show there may be grave implications for Alzheimers, Dementia, Attention Deficit Disorder, reduced IQ in children, read more…
Thieves™ dental hygiene and personal care products never have and never will contain triclosan!
If you want to get up to speed on fluoride you can check out these: Fluoride Action Network, and the Fluoride Deception with Christopher Bryson an excellent and historical informative video (below) and book!
Dollar store toothpastes may contain up to 10 times the fluoride – an extreme health hazard!
It only makes sense to not use toxic dental care products, especially when it comes to our kids.
Young Living has KidScents Toothpaste which has no poisons or chemicals – yes, it is edible and also has the benefits of our fabulous essential oils!
Young Living also has 3 different toothpastes for adults (and perfectly suitable for kids, some kids prefer the adult toothpaste) the Thieves Ultra Toothpaste I think is the best – all of which have the amazing benefits of our Thieves essential oil and all are free of poisons and chemicals too – yes, it’s edible!
I will focus on sharing my easy garden tips on what you can do in your backyard and in containers this year to have bountiful success and delicious fresh produce and how to use essential oils for pest control and minor wounds.
When: Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Time: 9pm – 10pm ET
Where: on your computer in the comfort of your own home
One of my most favorite practices during winter is diffusing, I’ve found it to be quite helpful in many ways. Because I use therapeutic essential oils from Young Living the benefits are: fresher smelling indoor air, kill microorganisms, helps to prevent colds and flu, uplifts my mood on those long dreary days, helps to reduce stress and the blues.
The benefits of diffusing Young Living Essential Oils are many and varied. One thing for certain, it’s a win-win!
Facts on Essential Oils and Diffusing
• Essential oils kill pathogenic micro-organisms of all kinds.
• World renowned medical researcher, Dr. Jean Valnet M.D., states that essential oils provide remarkable protection against viral infections ranging from shingles to influenza.
• Private research, funded by Young Living Essential Oils. Inc. at Weber State University, successfully demonstrated specific essential oils diffused in a closed chamber killed every virus tested within minutes. Of 74 Young Living single essential oils tested, lemongrass, Roman chamomile, cinnamon, rose, valerian and yarrow scored the highest kill rates.
• Specific Young Living blends of essential oils, like the Thieves blend demonstrated a 99.6% kill rate against airborne bacteria and scored high for its antiviral qualities and anti-fungal qualities.
• And, the effect that therapeutic grade essential oils have on the brain and emotions by the simple act of inhaling them – more on Scent and the Brain.
Diffusing essential oils in the home or work place is one of the best ways to purify our environment. The anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and antiseptic properties of the oils, along with the negative ions and oxygenating molecules that are released when essential oils are diffused.
• Cinnamon bark oil, oregano oil, and Thieves (a blend by Young Living Essential Oils) were all tested by Weber State University, and were shown to kill 100% of the airborne bacteria present when diffused into the atmosphere. (KID-Radio with Lance Richardson and Dr. Gary Young, ND, March 5, 1996).
• By diffusing essential oils, or applying them topically to targeted areas of the body, therapeutic constituents reestablish balance where stress or mental discomfort has disrupted healthy emotional function.
Young Living Most Popular Oils for Freshening Indoor Air
- Lavender essential oil (more)
- Lemon essential oil (more)
- Citrus Fresh essential oil blend
- Pine essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Thieves® essential oil blend
- Purification™ essential oil blend
Young Living Most Popular Oils for Emotional Wellness
- Feelings Collection: Features six essential oil blends formulated to promote emotional clearance and self renewal.
- Valor®: An empowering combination of oils designed to enhance an individual’s internal resources.
- Peace & Calming®: Helps calm tensions and uplift the spirit.
- White Angelica™: A calming and soothing blend that encourages feelings of protection and security.
- Harmony™: Promotes physical and emotional well-being.
- Release™: Facilitates the ability to release anger and frustration.
- Clarity™: Promotes a clear mind and alertness.
- Gratitude™: Designed to elevate the spirit, calm emotions, and bring relief to the body.
- Trauma Life™: Formulated to help release buried emotional trauma.
- Joy™: An uplifting blend that promotes feeling of happiness.
The Best Type of Diffuser to Use
It is very important which ‘type’ of diffuser you use. There are many available that are beautiful and some are quite the work of art. But, putting all esthetics aside you will need to know which diffuser will give you the most benefit and not ruin your high quality essential oil.
Without a doubt, the best diffuser to use is a cold-air nebulizer diffuser. The reason this is the best is because it uses air to disperse the essential oil into the air in a microfine mist. The fineness of the mist is important too because the smaller the particle, the longer the essential oil will stay suspended in the air; we want this to happen as it is only when the essential oil comes into direct contact with the airborne bacteria/microorganisms that it can actually kill it.
With this in mind it’s easy to understand why certain types of diffusers are ineffective for spaces at home or work.
The diffuser shown in the photo to the right is what a high quality diffuser looks like. Young Living sells these Essential Oil Diffusers; I highly recommend this type for all diffusing needs.
You also need to know that when an essential oil is exposed to heat, such as in a candle diffuser, burner diffusers, or ring diffusers – the heat actually destroys the therapeutic benefits.
The other thing which is important is that you certainly do NOT want to use or diffuse an inferior quality essential oil. With the popularity of aromatherapy these days there is a flood of adulterated essential oils on the market. I personally would not use them for any purpose ever. You have no idea how many harmful chemicals are in these aromatherapy oils and you certainly do not want to be inhaling them if you care about your health and wellness because they are toxic.
This is a nice blend to make for diffusing during winter months. Mix together in the well of a cold-air nebulizer diffuser:
- Spruce – 25 drops
- Lavender – 12 drops
- Eucalyptus – 12 drops
- Cedarwood – 10 drops
Add blend to diffuser and diffuse for a forest fresh scent!
If you’re using the Travel Fan Diffuser, Home Diffuser, or Ultrasonic Diffuser simply use less of the specified oils as these types of diffusers do not require as much essential oil (yes, that does mean less essential oil gets put into the air). Because not much essential oil is put into the air these types of diffusers are not recommended for treating situations where mold and higher levels of bacteria are present.
Another combination I enjoy during winter is mixing Evergreen Essence with Thieves. For every four parts of Thieves essential oil I add one part of the blend Evergreen Essence. It makes my house smell like a spicy pine forest.
This combination is nice for cleansing indoor air and providing a nice perky scent… for every three parts of the blend Purification add one part Orange essential oil – nice!
Essential Oil Choices to Diffuse for Negative Ions
Negative ions are produced naturally by wind and rain. They help stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system which controls rest, relaxation, digestion, and sleep. If you live in a stressful environment, or an environment full of electronic equipment (which produce positive ions), the diffusion of negatively ionizing oils can help balance the ions in the air and produce a more stress free environment.
Oils that ionize negatively when diffused include: bergamot, cedarwood, citronella, eucalyptus (citriodora), grapefruit, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, orange, patchouli, & sandalwood.
Essential Oil Choices to Diffuse for Positive Ions
Positive ions are produced by electronic equipment and are typically found in man-made environments. They help stimulate the sympathetic nervous system, necessary for recovering, strengthening, and energizing. If you live in an environment with an over-abundance of negative ions, such as in the country or by the ocean, you may benefit greatly by diffusing positively ionizing oils.
Oils that ionize positively when diffused into the air include: clove, cypress, eucalyptus, frankincense, helichrysum, juniper, marjoram, melaleuca (quinquenervia), pine, ravensara, rosemary, thyme, & ylang ylang.
Essential Oil Choices to Diffuse for Wintertime Scents
Fall and winter connote an earthy, heavy scent, rich with the traditions and memories of the holidays.
Essential oils that work well during this time include: cinnamon bark (do not diffuse alone or for long periods, more), pine, cedar, cedarwood, fir, frankincense, juniper, myrrh, orange, sandalwood, vetiver, nutmeg, oregano, spruce, tangerine, & thyme.
For the past several months my boyfriend and I have spent every available minute working on a new website and blog (it’s a very large and complex site, that’s why it took so long to create). It’s pretty nifty, if I might say so. Loads of information on pure therapeutic-grade essential oils and how to use them for aromatherapy, first aid, in cooking (yes, Young Living essential oils are food grade), kids, pets, household cleaning, air fresheners, home spa tips, diffusing, and so much more! There are recipes too!
Both the website and blog is also a source for those looking for a Young Living Distributor – yes, it is a team website and blog, so you will get a nice assortment of expertise and backgrounds. We also have essential oil classes and webinars – and so much more!
Whether you’re looking to purchase the best quality essential oils in the world for general or professional use, live more “Green,” or if you’re looking to have your own home business – I think you’ll find everything you’ve been looking for at our new website YoungLivingCircle.com and blog YoungLivingCircleBlog.com to help you create the lifestyle you’ve been desiring – check it out!