“This oil [dorado azul] contains high levels of beta-caryophyllene, which is a compound found in various plant materials and, of course, in a higher concentration in oils. Beta-caryophyllene is an amazing sesquiterpene.] When this is found in an oil like dorado azul, which contains eucalyptol as well, this means that this is an oil that supports the respiratory tract. Dorado azul is very powerful and the effectiveness of it is almost magical. The results that our patients at the clinic [in Ecuador at the Young Living Farm] have seen wonderful results, and now individuals out in the field are experiencing them, too.
Another thing that we see with dorado azul is that it contains a lot of hormone-balancing compounds, one of which is alpha-fenchol. A lot of the women here in America, who I hear from mostly, are finding that dorado azul is giving them a great support in normal hormone function, particularly when combining it with SclarEssence.*” ~ Gary Young
About Dorado Azul (Hyptis suaveolens)
The stems, leaves and flowers are steam distilled. Found in Ecuador. Dorado Azul has a rich herbaceous scent that helps strengthen the lungs, promoting calm, easy breathing.*
Until about 2006 dorado azul was recognized in Ecuador as a weed. It did not even have a botanical name until Gary Young distilled it and analyzed it and gave it its identity. It has a red liquid when distilled, and the natives use it to reverse cancer.*
A great companion to Dorado Azul is Eucalyptus Blue, used together this pairing supports in assisting respiratory conditions. Eucalyptus Blue is preferred over the other many types of eucalyptus species because of its well-balanced chemistry and its non-allergen effect for all types of respiratory conditions.*
Medicinal Properties: Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antibacterial, respiratory stimulant.
Uses: Colds, coughs, flu, bronchitis, asthma, allergic reactions that cause constriction and compromised breathing, any compromise to the respiratory tract, hormone balancer, circulatory stimulant, arthritic and rheumatoid-type pain, reducing candida and other intestinal tract problems, digestion, hygienic action for the mouth, enhances mood.
- For lung congestion, add R.C., Raven, Dorado Azul and Eucalyptus Blue essential oils to a bowl of hot, steaming water. Place a towel over your head and inhale the steam from the mixture. Combine with Raven (alternating morning and night) and Thieves to enhance effects.
- For colds, try alternate diffusing of Dorado Azul with Thieves and Exodus II essential oils. To enhance effects further, add: Melissa, Palo Santo, Clove or Cistus essential oils.
- For irritability or jealousy, try a mixture of: Dorado Azul, Ylang Ylang, Tangerine, Idaho Balsam Fir, Lavender, Melissa, and Ocotea essential oils.
- For shock, try a combination of: Helichrysum, Basil, Dorado Azul, Copaiba, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang and Rosemary essential oils.
- For Body Defense (antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and disease) try: a mixture of Cinnamon Bark, Cistus, Clove, Dorado Azul, Lemon, Oregano, Palo Santo, Spearmint, Spikenard, Tangerine, Thyme, and Eucalyptus Blue essential oils.
- For muscle, joint & bone issues; try BLM (supplement) and topical applications of companion oils, Aroma Siez, PanAway, Deep Relief Roll-On, Idaho Balsam Fir, Copaiba, Dorado Azul essential oils.
- For analgesic (analgesic is defined as a compound that binds with a number of closely related, specific receptors in the central nervous system to block perception of pain or affect the emotional response to pain), try a combination of: Helichrysum, Dorado Azul, Palo Santo, Elemi, Wintergreen, Lavender and Copaiba essential oils.
Ways to Use Dorado Azul Essential Oil
Topical: dilute 50/50 (equal portions) of Dorado Azul essential oil with V-6 Massage Oil (a high quality carrier oil) especially when being used on sensitive areas such as the face, neck, genital area, underarms, etc. Apply 2-4 drops on location or abdomen, chakra or vita flex points.
Diffuse: Up to 30 minutes 3 times a day.